Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Performing Arts

"Dance is the hidden language of the soul"
-Martha Graham


Being a daughter of two deaf parents, music has always been this mysterious part of my life that cannot be put down in words. Growing up I always found myself tapping to the beats of all kinds of songs. Dance for me is the way to express the way I feel. Even though I can't dance in front of everyone, I dance in my bathroom or whenever I am alone in my room. And I'm sure most of you can relate to this. We dance not just to express but also to just have a good time.

We probably don't realize but we somehow dance everyday, we are slaves to the rhythm of our own life. Looking at my parents sometimes dancing to the bass of typical party music, swaying their heads, also, doing the typical Punjabi steps, makes me feel somehow blessed that I can too enjoy this beautiful Art.
Everybody has a dancer in them. So, just let the music speak to you!
 
India from just being a country with cultural and classical dance styles has come up to be the country with the most number of dance reality shows! With not just Indian styles but western and contemporary styles as well. Nowadays, we also have the luxury of learning ballet which I know some of us wanted to learn growing up.



TRY THIS !!!

Next time you are alone in your room, play one of your favorite songs, it doesn't matter if it's classical, Bollywood or rap. Feel every beat that hits your body and swing along to it. Right after, the song ends you will feel something new as if through dancing, you lost a part yourself and embraced a new part

We know you have it in you!
Feel free to tell us anything you want.
Also, you can share a photo or video of you dancing your hearts out <3

Ttyl folks, Till Then Keep Dancing
Sarah 
xoxo

4 comments: